Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Recommendation and Endorsement Letter Writers: Click Here
Lecturer Positions in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
PLEASE NOTE THIS SEARCH IS CURRENTLY INACTIVE.
Lecturer in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with a focus on Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Human-Computer Interaction. Specific duties are outlined below:
- Full-time participation in educational activities during the academic terms (Fall, Independent Activities Period, and Spring) including:
- Interacting with students, e.g. by lecturing, leading recitations, or staffing lab and office hours.
- Creating content, such as lecture materials, problem sets, quizzes, videos, and other on-line materials.
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities, such as locating, hiring, supervising course staff, record-keeping, and interacting with Department and Registrar.
- Possibly participating in the creation/migration of courses onto OCW and/or MITx.
- Course assignment will include some of the following courses and may include other related courses:
- Introduction to Machine Learning (6.036)
- Machine Learning (6.867)
- Advances in Computer Vision (6.869/6.819)
- Advanced Natural Language Processing (6.864/6.806)
- Research opportunities might arise, such as co-supervision of undergraduate or masters projects.
- PhD in topical area related to responsibilities.
- Significant successful teaching experience in related undergraduate courses.
- A demonstrated interest in educational innovation.
- The position will be an academic year appointment.
- Salary is in the range of $70K - $100K.
- Initial appointment will be for two years, with potential for appointment extensions.
This job posting is for multiple lecturer positions. Position start date could be as soon as February 2017 though can be negotiated. All applications will be considered, but applications received by December 1, 2016 will be given priority. Applicants should apply at
Please contact Mary Ellen Sinkus, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding this position.
- All applicants should provide:
- A cover letter speaking to qualifications and preferred course assignments.
- A teaching statement specifying teaching beliefs and practices.
- A CV listing educational background, publications, talks, and other applicable experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from previous teaching experience(s).
For general questions, technical issues, or problems submitting documents, please contact Search-Master@School-of-Engineering-Faculty-Search.mit.edu.